Enquire about Course Booking Form
The Challenges of Meeting Heart Failure Patients Palliative Care Needs - a practical exploration of the issues and skills needed
Cost: This course is fully subsidised and therefore free to staff working in Central, Eastern & Western Cheshire.
£150 to staff working outside these areas.
Duration: 2.5 days spread over 3 months
Two one days and one half day - spaced out over 2 months, delegates must be available to attend all three days.
Who is it for?
Practitioners who care for heart failure patients in any care setting e.g. Nurses, GPs, Allied Healthcare Professionals, Therapists, Level 3 Health Care Assistants
- Causes & treatments for heart failure
- Symptom management at end of life
- Models of indicating prognosis as a trigger for commencement on the Gold Standards Framework Register
- Importance of empowering patients
- Partnership working - a practical guide to delivering palliative care
- Communication skills
Heart Failure Specialist Nurses, Consultant in Palliative Care, Macmillan Nurse Specialist, Community Matron, Hospice Clinical Services Manager/Matron and Palliative Care Educationalist.